Sunday, January 17, 2010

Confessions of a non-food blogger...

I have a confession to make...

I think I secretly wish I was a food blogger.

I say I think because I am not always so sure. I might have a commitment problem. Sometimes I know that it would be a good thing for me because then I would be more aware of what I was eating. As well as be more accountable for what I was eating. I also think it would tempt me to make more fun, healthy and interesting meals.

Then sometimes I am glad I haven't committed because then I wouldn't feel so conflicted when I have eaten Ben & Jerry's or frozen pizza. Which is exactly what I ate for dinner last night - case and point.

So I guess I will just do what I have been doing and that is showcasing my favorite meals. The ones in which I think are fun, look pretty, or have some spunk to them.

Which brings to me to my sunday funday breakfast! I knew I was going to hit up my favorite cardio kickboxing class today and wanted to be full of energy. I was inspired by an episode of Iron Chef where they made these mini dessert pancake sandwiches. Sounds a little bizaar I know.

To which I created my EggPanwich.

You may have wondered to yourself what's the dealio with this girl and pancakes? Who really knows? I hated them my whole life. Seriously. Then in the past few months I started experimenting with bananas, pumpkin and pretty much whatever I can find.

So the EggPanwich was created this morning and was ridiculously amazing.

My pancakes had a little maple kick.


Once you make the pancakes, you top with a fried egg.


Then add one strip of bacon and a tiny squirt of maple syrup for taste.


Holy yum! This breakfast was incredible and it filled me up! It also gave me tons of energy to kick and punch it up at my cardio kickboxing class.

What a great way to start my sunday! Now I can't honestly say that I won't be turning into a food blogger any time soon, as it has been something in the back of my mind. But for the next few months I will just keep you all on your toes, as I will be a lot more focused on mine. Well my feet anyways. Since this blog is supposed to be about the marathoner in the making!

7 comments:

  1. That breakfast looks super yum! Very fun. I hear ya on the food blogging thing. I generally only post pics of what I eat if it is special or exceptionally delicious. btw I made a purple monster and I love them! Thanks for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks kind of yucky but totally awesome at the same time, lol! I don't know about the egg with the pancake...but if you say it was good, I definitely believe you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a FANTASTIC breakie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't let McDonalds see this,or they will be selling your Egg Panwich!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun sandwich! I'm going to have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow that looks really good! and really fun to make!
    i want some pancakes (or eggpanwich) RIGHT NOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete