Friday, January 8, 2010

My ten for 2010

Okay so who said my new year's resolutions/goals had to be declared by 01.01.10?

I mean really?

I think any day is as good as ever to decide to make a change. And as I mentioned yesterday, today is that day. HOOORAY! :)

Once I reveal my Goalutions (lol, I mixed resolution and goals teeehehehe), it's official. No more bitching. No more whining. No more excuses. Game on!

And to preface my Goalutions I would like present my mantra for the year. I am sooooo a mantra person.

I dubbed "2000 - Great" for 2008

I dubbed "Time to shine in 2009"

And now "Doing it Again in 2010" (This refers to having an amazing and productive year such as that of my 2009)

I now present you with My Top 10 for 2010.

{Body}
1. Choose to live an active lifestyle and do it with purpose & intensity

Mini-goal: Run alot. Complete a half-marathon, Relay Race & Marathon. Participate in kickboxing, yoga, spinning and body pump classes each week. Ride bike to work more often. Lose 25 lbs.

2. Eat with intention and for health

Mini-goal: Eat & drink in moderation. Choose healthful things to put in my body. Continue to cook new and interesting meals. Drink tons of water.


{Mind}
3. Continue to feed my mind

Mini-goal: Read 1 book per month. Continue to learn about things that interest me, running, being healthy, cookbooks...etc

4. Cultivate my Culture

Mini-goal: Practice Italian language. Read books, watch movies and cook unique dishes. Learn more about my heritage.

5. Find a financial balance in my life

Mini-goal: Conscious saving. Budget. Live within means.


{Spirit}
6. Act with my heart

Mini-goal: Continue to take opportunities to give back and think bigger. Community Service projects monthly. Inspire others.

7. Embrace my Spirituality

Mini-goal: Delve deeper into my spiritual faith. Continue to learn and be open-minded. Practice meditation.


{Social-Emotional}
8. Connect within my relationships

Mini-goal: Plan meaningful gatherings and be present when I am there. Take time for life. Write more cards & make more personal phone calls.

9. Mindfully express myself

Mini-goal: Blog with purpose. Inspire through my words & experiences. Create art.

10. Be Happy with Me.

Mini-goal:Celebrate my victories. Take time for myself. Don't be so hard on myself. Do things that make me "The Linz".

I am committed to these things and I am joyed to take charge of my life. I am ready to do things differently and with passion. I have no doubt that 2010 will be the year that I find my inner Linz. And I am so happy that you will be there for me to share it with you! :)

13 comments:

  1. these are great!!!!

    and i know u can do all of them!! looks like it will a good year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Linzi. Well rounded and they all sound like lots of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I'm excited to read about your progress toward these goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome "goalutions" Linz! I love all of the thought you put into them. Do it again in 2010! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great goals, Linz -- you can tell you spent time really refining them and making them achievable and measurable. Love it!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. great goalutions! I am also doing the pound for pound challenge and I am going to swap 20 pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice goals...you can tell you put a lot of thought into them. here's to a great 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goalutions? Love it!

    I love your list. It's so sensible, yet gives you something to work toward. I like "eat for health." Not "eat to be skinny"! You know? There's a difference :)

    Do you speak a bit of italiano? I wish I would have picked up more when I lived in Rome.

    And #8. Yes. Oh yes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. very very good goaluations. good luck and I hope we can all support each other with our goaluations

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your mantras for each year! Good luck with the goals. They sound great.

    ReplyDelete