Friday, November 13, 2009

If the dress fits...then I'm wearing it!

I was invited to go to a wedding tomorrow and am going with one of my best friends. My brother!

We are twins and we have super powers (kind of like the Power Rangers) that only seem to activate when we are hanging out together. And super powers being such that we are hilarious & really awesome!



So just recently my brother has taken an interest in running. I have taken huge steps in my fitness journey and have not been there as a loyal wine partner, which has caused our hanging out time to decrease. So he wanted to start running to get into better health and as a brother/sister activity we could do together.

Of course I was stoked! YAY another running partner. So we got him some running shoes (the $$$ ones). You can't let a pair of expensive running shoes just stare at you, they stare into your soul saying "Take me on a run, or you just wasted good beer money".


So on monday we had a good run him & I. He wanted to show me his normal running route so I could map out the distance on my NikePlus. He has his route that he does without me and I am super proud of his motivation. I was not motivated to run by myself when I first started.


Which brings me back to the fact that him & I are going to a wedding tomorrow. What to wear, What to wear?? I was having a mental freakout because I didn't feel like buying a new dress for this occasion and have wore all the others over the summer to the various weddings then. What's a girl to do?

Then it dawned on me, my bridesmaid dress. Yes. I had the honor of being a bridesmaid in my friend Hannah's wedding in 2006. Yep that dress has not been on my body since then, for obvious reasons.

I pulled it out just for fun.

It's probably not going to fit, it hasn't fit since 2006.

But let's just give it a good try.


:) All I can say is I am FINALLY seeing real changes. I am so excited to wear this dress again. And so happy at how it makes me feel!

Watch out world, twin powers will be out tomorrow and we will be looking fabulous!

3 comments:

  1. How exciting...can't let a beautiful dress go to waste! I really love how you compare expensive shoes to beer money...so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, for sure, Super Powered twins!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's so awesome that your brother is going to be running with you! That bridesmaid dress is really cute, too. You'll rock it at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete