Monday, November 2, 2009

Night Runners - Pile On The Miles



With November being a month that leaves you anxious and sluggish right before the holidays it was a good time to start a new personal challenge. Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point came up with a great way to get out the Thanksgiving Blues... She calls it PILE ON THE MILES Challenge!

The challenge is to literally pile on the miles from November 1st until Thanksgiving. I am super excited for this challenge because I have recently began tracking my mileage and now have a goal to beat.

October Mileage: 47 MILES!

With that I would like to report that today I clocked in the first miles for the POTMC (Pile On The Miles Challenge).




With the clocks turning back it has left the WRFW group with no choice but to tough it out and run in the dark. So tonight we embarked on our first night run!

Tonight's superstar runners included: Bethany, Amy, Nicole, Hannah, Michelle, Courtney, Brooke & The Linz. Our biggest group yet!

We started our run just as the sun was setting. We reached mile 1.5 and it was pure darkness outside. Our plan was to run through the park with hopes that there would be enough light for us to make it though back to the main street. We decided to switch our route up at this point making our run a little farther than planned. We all made it through until we reached the end. It was another great run for the WRFW group!

I'm sorry for the poor quality, my good camera had a mishap over the weekend.


The Running Stats:
Distance: 3.50
Time: 37.58
Cals: 379

1 comment:

  1. Aw, good for you girls! Sorry I missed it, I just needed a quiet night at home. See you Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete