
I have been trying to buy new fruits & veggies when I go grocery shopping as a way to incorporate them into my diet. I can remember back to a few months ago when I would go days without eating fruits and/or veggies and not even think twice about it.
But what I have come to discover is the amazing powers they hold. Oh yes, super fruit & veggies powers! I feel naturally energized, my mood is happier, not to mention the many health benefits.
I have to say it all started with the Green Monster. A great morning breakfast infused with spinach & banana goodness. Sounds disgusting but it has changed my life. Since drinking those & incorporating the fruits & vegs into my daily routine I get the urge to run all the time!
The Will Run For Wine group had it's first meet-up since last weds. Far too long I say! We picked a new route last night and decided to give it a try. We were lucky that Nicole has her head lamp because we followed the green belt deep into the darkness. It had an a eerie feeling & was hard to navigate with just one head lamp. I do not recommend this type of adventure. Good thing there were 6 of us and I know some sweet kickboxing moves - noone was going to mess with the Wine Runners. We managed to bust out 4 miles along our adventure. We will save this route for a weekend or summer time, since it is beautiful during the day, but night time it's far too secluded and dark.
After the run J. Alabama & I decided on having Sushi night. It has been way too long since our last sushi session and let me tell you it hit the spot.
In the nature of trying new things we ordered Sake. (Well there was that one time I engaged in the Saki-Bomb-a-thon, but I was also doing an extensive wine tasting & don't quite remember if I liked it or not).

I think I heart the little cups. Oh and I couldn't fight the feeling of not doing the pinkie up. I know, I know... I had to!

My sushi was good.

But J. Alabama's was WAY better! Look at all the goodies on top.

Good thing he likes to share with me. He is so nice!! :)
My next post will be starring a new special character - one that you will see popping up over here a lot more often. Stay tuned! And I am excited for those of you who are signed up for the HBBC!

That pear looks so good! I agree about the Green Monsters. They're energizing.
ReplyDeletesake - ahhahahahhaha.
ReplyDeletei love sushi and crave it every day. and i lived in korea for almost 2 years and sake was everywhere, but i could NOT get used to the taste of it. hahhaha. u r brave!
as for the green monster, do u actually think that is has brought u more energy?
today was my first day drinking one, and ya i feel great and it kept me full and i did not need a coffee, but im also working from home. lol
The dark evenings are creeping me out and I try not to go too far from home by myself these days. I miss the 9pm sunsets!
ReplyDeleteI was a coffee fiend! I needed it all the time and lots of it. I feel natually awake & energized now. Try drinking them for a week straight then assess. Plus they also fill me up and I know I am getting a dose of fruits & veggies first thing in the morning.
ReplyDeleteI really need to try those green monsters! Do they fill you up in the morning or do you pair with somehting else?
ReplyDeleteI like trying new fruits and veggies, a lot of the time the cashiers are like.."do you know what this is?" haha. Thanks for checking out my blog and wishing me luck!
ReplyDeleteI have never tried a green monster, but I really want to. I will soon!